Hey all! Thought I’d post a quick update of where I’m at with the Hive World book. Work has been very intense lately (I work in healthcare so it’s been a bit chaotic for the last little while) so I haven’t got as much done as I’d like, but I’ve been chipping away at the book and have a couple of little snippets of content to show off.
Firstly, here’s a few of the Hive World origins I’ve developed. The idea is that these supplement the core book options, not totally replace them. Lets you have a campaign where everyone comes from the same world without it getting too dull.
There’s a few more I plan to add. The final book should have the following other options;
- Merchant Guilder – Characters attached to various merchant guilds.
- Sump Scavvie – Weirdo mutants from the underhive.
- Wastelander – People from the derelict scavanger communities in the wastelands on the outskirts of a hive city.
- Abhumans, including Squats, Ratlings, Ogryn and Beastmen.
- Probably also some form of “middle class” background I haven’t come up with a fancy name for yet. People from families that do important Imperial jobs but aren’t quite nobility. Your enforcers, Administratum clerks, etc.
I also made this little table on a whim; a quick way to generate areas in the lower areas of a hive, for if you need some random encounter ideas when the party wander off the beaten path or get lost.
That’s all I have for today, but I plan to make a post soon detailing some updates to the core book’s psychic power system that have come out of playtesting and a lot of fiddling with spreadsheets and dice calculators.